Seeking Zoning Board of Adjustment Member

The City of Carlisle is seeking a member for the Carlisle Zoning Board of Adjustment (ZBA) due to a resignation from the Board. The new member’s term would expire December 31, 2021. The ZBA meets on a very infrequent basis when applications are submitted to the City of Carlisle for variances to the city ordinances regarding zoning issues such as building setbacks and special uses. The Board normally only meets 3-4 times a year.

Due to a state-mandated, gender balance preference requirement, the applicant should be female, however all applications will be welcomed. Applicants should have some construction knowledge and be a resident of Carlisle.

Board member applications are available at Carlisle City Hall, 195 N 1st Street or on the city website at: Call Carlisle City Hall at 989-3224 for more information.