FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE- 12/26/2019
With New Year’s Eve being just around the corner, many are planning out their last big celebration of 2019. While the last night of the year is typically filled with late-night fun, it can also be dangerous if you plan on driving that night.
Below is a list of tips to ensure anyone who plans on drinking has a safe start to 2020:
1. Make plans ahead of time. Don’t wait until you’ve started drinking to figure out how you’re going to get home.
2. Never get in the car with a driver who has been drinking. Even one alcoholic beverage can impair his or her ability to drive safely.
3. Make sure friends and family who celebrate with you have a safe ride home, or invite them to sleep on your couch or spare bed.
4. Plan to call a taxi or use a ride sharing service such as Uber or Lyft to help you get home safely.
5. If you wake up early on New Year’s Day after consuming too many adult beverages the night before, be aware that you could still be legally intoxicated and don’t drive until enough time has passed that you’re sober.
The Carlisle Police Department also urge anyone who witnesses a driver they suspect may be driving under the influence to call 9-1-1.
Have a safe and Happy New Year!