On March 9, 2021, Council held a public hearing in conjunction with Polk County and Fox Engineering to provide an update and describe the process for easement acquisition for the Avon Lake Watermain Improvement Project. Fox Engineering provided has provided access to their presentation. That can be seen by clicking here.
After the public hearing, Fox Engineering was given direction to proceed with the easement acquisition process. They will be sending out packets of easement information to effected residents. This packet will include:
- Letter with instructions
- Statement of rights – prepared by the State
- Easement agreement(s) – legally binding language you are agreeing to
- Graphical figure identifying impacted land
Once you receive the information, we encourage you to utilize the following steps to continue the process:
- Carefully review the offer and the associated documents
- Make sure to sign each agreement in front of a notary (All City Hall staff and some Library staff are notaries)
- Return the document to Carlisle City Hall
- Option 1: Return in person; we ask that you bring the documents into the building and give them to a staff member so we can ensure they are filled out properly
- Option 2: Return by mail; PO Box 430, Carlisle, Iowa 50047
- City will approve payment at the next Council Meeting; checks are mailed out shortly after
Offers are good for 45-days. If we have not heard back from you after approximately 30 days, a member of Fox Engineering’s staff will be making contact with you via phone, email, or in person.
Questions or concerns about easements should be directed towards Fox Engineering by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 515-233-0000.
For questions on the project, feel free to reach out to:
City of Carlisle
Deven Markley, City Administrator
Kyle Riley, County Engineer
John Gade, Project Manager