Carlisle Annual Amateur Photography Contest
Carlisle Hometown Pride and the City of Carlisle
- Entrants should be amateur photographers.
- Entries should depict something about Carlisle or taken in the Carlisle area.
- Entries should be original work of the artist.
- Pictures should not show the name or the photographer on the photo.
- Digital image entries may be color or black and white, horizontal or vertical format.
- Entrants may submit three entries in any or all of the contest categories. Only three entries per category will be allowed.
- All fields on the entry form should be filled out fully and legibly. Any missing fields may constitute an automatic disqualification from the contest.
- A review panel will pick the top five entries in each category. The top five entries in each category will be voted on through an online poll run through the city. The photo with the most online votes in each category will be declared the winner.
Winners will receive the following
$10 Carlisle Chamber Bucks
Photo hung on wall at Carlisle City Hall for 1 year
8×10 printed copy of the photo entry
Carlisle Hometown Pride (City events or festivals)
Wildcat Pride (School themed)
Clearly Carlisle (Something that you can only find in Carlisle)
The Natural Way (Outdoors)
Blue and Red (Police or fire themed)
Entries Form Requirements
- Electronic copy of the photograph that meets the quality and size requirements listed
- Name of the artist (first and last)
- Contact information (address, phone number, email address)
- Contest category
- Title of the piece of art
- A short description (200 words maximum)
Participants should submit a photo electronically at City Hall or email photographs to email@example.com. by midnight on March 31, 2019.
Photo Quality and Size Requirements
Photographs must meet the following requirements to be submitted
Electronically in .jpeg, .jpg, .png, or .gif format
At least 1536 x 1024 pixels
No larger than 10 MB in size
Ineligibility of Some Images
Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content, as determined by Carlisle Hometown Pride or the City of Carlisle in their sole discretion, are ineligible for all categories of this contest.
Terms and Conditions
Before uploading a photo to our site, carefully read the following terms and conditions for submitted images and their use. By submitting a photo to the contest, you are agreeing to the terms as they are written. You must have read, understood and accepted these terms before you can submit an entry.
Photographs will be accepted only from the original photographer.
You must be the sole author and the owner of the copyright in all photos you enter.
Photographers must have sufficient permission of any recognizable persons appearing in the photograph to be able to grant rights to display the photographic submission online or in printed materials.
Photographers retain ownership of all copyrights. However, by submitting an image for entry in this contest, you automatically give Carlisle Hometown Pride and the City of Carlisle permission and rights to store, display, and use the image, its thumbnails, and your name as the photographer, indefinitely in any media without notification or compensation.
Entries selected for inclusion in the contest may be published online in a searchable image gallery.
A print quality copy of any image submitted to the contest may be used, with appropriate attribution, in publications that promote Carlisle Hometown Pride or the City of Carlisle (such as newsletters, reports, postings, etc.) without further notification.