The Carlisle Police Department would like to help you avoid Coronavirus- related scams.
• Hang up these robocalls! Scammers are using illegal robocalls to pitch everything from scam Coronavirus treatments to work-at- home schemes.
• Verify information. Contact trusted sources to confirm information is correct. For the most up-to-date information about the Coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at www.cdc.gov.
• People coming to your homes offering to disinfect your home or car. Carlisle does not allow peddlers or solicitors to engage citizens without a permit issued by the City.
• Online sellers may claim to have in-demand products, like cleaning, household and health and medical supplies when, in fact, they don’t. Know who you’re buying from and also shop local.
• Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know. They could download viruses onto your computer or device.
• Do your homework. Don’t let anyone rush you into making a donation. If someone wants donations in cash, by gift card, or by wiring money, don’t do it.
Protect Yourself. If you believe you were a victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement or the Carlisle Police Department at (515) 989-4121