Carlisle – City Council Meeting – Special Meeting
Saturday, June 30, 2018
Location: Carlisle City Hall 9:30 AM
June 30 Special Meeting 2018
Roll Call – 9:30 AM – open session
- Approve the Agenda – Council Motion
- City Administrator search process update – Patrick Callahan, Consultant
- City Council Recess – Teams of Two – 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM – Estimated Time
- Mayor and City Council members break into teams of two people in different rooms for discussions with candidates
- Mayor, City Council, and candidates break at 1:00 PM for lunch.
- City Council – Return to Open Session at 1:00 PM
- Consultant meets with Mayor and City Council members to review interview process and to advise the City Council that all candidates have requested a closed session.
- City Council closed session shall be in compliance with the Code of Iowa so as to evaluate the professional competency of individuals whose appointment or hiring is being considered when necessary to prevent needless and irreparable injury to their individual reputations and that the individuals have all requested closed session.
- Council motion to enter into closed session for purpose and reasons outlined above – Roll Call Vote
- City Council Closed Session to conduct interviews of candidates for the position of city administrator and to discuss the competency of the candidates – Approximately 1:30 PM to 5:00 PM.
- Mayor announces that closed session has been concluded and City Council goes back into open session
- City Council Open Session – Approximately 5:00 PM
- Consultant review of the next step in the city administrator search process
- Discussion and Mayor authorizes the Consultant to negotiate an offer of employment to the preferred candidate with all terms and conditions of such employment subject to the approval of the City Council at the next meeting of the City Council
- Adjourn – Council Motion – Approximately 6:30 PM
Note: All times are estimated and subject to change, depending upon the circumstances.