CITY OF CARLISLE
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
Monday, 9 January 2017, 6:30 P.M.
Carlisle City Hall Council Chamber
195 North First Street, Carlisle, Iowa
Elected Officials present were Council Members Rob VanRyswyk, Dan McCulloch, Eric Goodhue, Doug Hammerand, and Drew Merrifield constituting a quorum. Absent was Mayor Randleman. Also present were City Attorney Robert Stuyvesant, City Administrator Andy Lent, Park Superintendent Ronda Frost, Public Works Superintendent Steve O’Braza, Library Director Stacy Goodhue, Police Chief Eric Spring, and Deputy Clerk Kay Black. Mayor Pro Tem Goodhue called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
A commendation was given by Lt. Matt Koch of the Carlisle Police Department to Shelly Nelson for her work in the Cops ‘N’ Shoppers program.
Motion by Goodhue, second by Merrifield, to APPROVE THE FOLLOWING CONSENT ITEMS:
- Approve Regular City Council Minutes for 27 December 2016
- Approve Special City Council Minutes for 3 January 2017
- Approve Tax Abatement for Kendra and David Frazier, 1240 Veterans Memorial Drive (Resolution 2017010901)
- Approve Tax Abatement for Andrew S. Long and Amy l. Long, 1265 Lyle Murphy Drive (Resolution 2017010902)
- Receive Combined Minutes for MEAN Finance, Ad-Hoc and Risk Oversight Committees for 14 December 2016
Motion carried unanimously on roll call vote.
APPROVAL OF BILLS, CHANGE ORDERS AND PAY REQUESTS:
Motion by Merrifield, seconded by McCulloch to approve bills in the amount of $70,217.14. Motion carried unanimously on a roll call vote.
Brad Goldsberry, Carlisle School District PTO requested to be on the next Council agenda to request to do the Color Run again this year.
OLD BUSINESS and NEW BUSINESS and POSSIBLE ACTION:
Susanne Gerlach of Public Finance Management went over the bids for $1,140,000 GENERAL OBLIGATION LOCAL OPTION SALES & SERVICES TAX CAPITAL LOAN NOTES, SERIES 2017 that were received today. Lowest bid was from D. A. Davidson & Company from Denver, Colorado with a true interest rate of 2.3592 percent and net interest cost of $164,809.88.
Motion by Hammerand, seconded by McCulloch to approve Consider Approval of Resolution 2017010903 RESOLUTION DIRECTING SALE OF $1,140,000 (SUBJECT TO ADJUSTMENT PER TERMS OF OFFERING) GENERAL OBLIGATION LOCAL OPTION SALES & SERVICES TAX CAPITAL LOAN NOTES, SERIES 2017. Motion carried unanimously on a roll call vote.
Motion by McCulloch, seconded by Van Ryswyk to set date for FY2017 Budget Amendment Public Hearing on 23 January 2017 at 6:30 PM. Motion carried unanimously on a roll call vote.
- Police-CPD Training Memo
- Fire/Rescue-Punchlist walkthrough this past Friday and building inspection today on addition. Nothing major. Public open house will be scheduled after furnishings moved in.
- Electric-Written Report
- Library-State accreditation will be submitted soon. Working with Wanda Hunter on Native American display.
- Parks and Recreation-Coed Volleyball League games start tomorrow.
- Public Works-Took care of a couple of major water main breaks this past week.
- City Hall/Finance/City Administrator-Motion by Hammerand, seconded by Van Ryswyk to receive and file FY 2016 Audit for the City of Carlisle. Motion carried unanimously on a roll call vote.
MAYOR AND COUNCIL REPORTS
- Drew Merrifield-gave appreciation to city hall for work on finances and to public works on water main breaks.
- Doug Hammerand-may be gone on January 23.
- Eric Goodhue-thanks to all outdoor workers for their contributions
- Dan McCulloch-Happy New Year to all.
- Robert Van Ryswyk-thanks to all outdoor workers during the winter
CITY ATTORNEY REPORT: Nothing.
UPCOMING MEETINGS AND EVENTS:
- Budget Workshops, 8:00 AM on 21 January 2017 and 4 February 2017, Carlisle City Hall
ADJOURNMENT: Motion by Hammerand second by McCulloch to adjourn at 7:12 p.m., carried unanimously on a roll call vote.
Eric Goodhue, Mayor Pro Tem
Kay Black, Deputy Clerk