CITY OF CARLISLE REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Monday, 26 June 2017; 6:30 P.M
Carlisle City Hall Council Chamber, 195 N. 1st St.
The following agenda items will be considered:
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CONSENT AGENDA & POSSIBLE ACTION
(Council may pull any item on consent agenda for separate action)
- Approve Regular City Council Minutes for 12 June 2017
- Receive and File Year-to-Date Treasurer’s Report
- Receive and File Planning and Zoning Commission Minutes for 19 June 2017
- Approve Hire of Max Kompsie at Aquatic Center Concessions at $7.25 per hour Retroactive to 8 May 2017
- Approve RESOLUTION CERTIFYING POPULATION OF ANNEXED TERRITOTRY
- Approve Special Event Request for Friends of Carlisle Parks 10k Run on Carlisle Nature Trail, 5 August 2017
- Set Public Hearing for Monday, July 24, 2017 at 6:30 PM for Rezoning of 30 Market Street from C-3. Central Business District to M-1, Light Industrial District.
- Set Public Hearing for Monday, July 24, 2017 at 6:30 PM for Amendment of Carlisle Zoning Ordinance Pertaining to Rodeo Grounds.
- Approve Special Event Application for Heather Eschelman, 1255 Veterans Memorial Drive, July 8, 2017 from 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
APPROVAL OF BILLS PAYABLE, CHANGE ORDERS AND PAY REQUESTS
- Consider Approval of Bills in Amount of $180,915.51
- Consider Approval of Pre-Authorized Disbursements for 23 May 2017 through 23 June 2017
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION (Please approach podium and state name and address. Comments limited to 3 minutes.)
OLD AND NEW BUSINESS & POSSIBLE ACTION
- Discussion and Possible Action Regarding Parking of Vehicles at 3 Grant Street, 3 School Street and 3½ School Street
- Consider Approval of Construction Plans for Plat 6, Danamere Farms
- Consider Approval of Agreement for Electrical Service Installation in Plat 6, Danamere Farms
- Public Hearing Rezoning of 335 Garfield Street from M-1, Limited Industrial District to M-2, General Industrial District
- Consider First Reading of AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE ZONING ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF CARLISLE, IOWA, 2014 (335 Garfield Street Rezoning)
- Consider Waiving Second and Third Readings
- Public Hearing for Sale of Fireworks as Special Use Permit in C-2 Highway Commercial Districts
- Consider First Reading of AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE CODE OF ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF CARLISLE, IOWA BY AMENDING PROVISIONS PERTAINING TO SPECIAL USES-FIREWORKS SALES
- Consider Waiving Second and Third Readings
- Consider Recommendation on Plat of Survey for Gerald and Karen Randleman, PT of Parcel A, E ½ Section 2, T77N, R23W, Warren County, Iowa (within 2-mile jurisdiction area for City of Carlisle)
- Consider Approval of RESOLUTION ACCEPTING EASEMENTS FOR THE 5TH STREET CULVERT PROJECT FOR THE CITY OF CARLISLE, IOWA AND APPROVING THE SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT RELATED TO SAID PROJECT
- Items for $720,000 Water Revenue Capital Loan Notes, Series 2017B:
- Consider Approval of Resolution Appointing Paying Agent, Note Registrar, and Transfer Agent, Approving the Paying Agent and Note Registrar and Transfer Agent Agreement and Authorizing the Execution of the Agreement.
- Consider Approval of Approval of Tax Exemption Certificate.
- Resolution approving and authorizing a form of Loan Agreement and authorizing and providing for the issuance of Capital Loan Notes and providing for a method of payment of the Notes.
- Discussion and Possible Action on New Sidewalk Ordinance
- Consider Removal from Table and Second Reading of AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE CODE OF ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF CARLISLE, IOWA BY AMENDING PROVISIONS PERTAINING TO ANIMAL PROTECTION AND CONTROL
- Consider waiving third reading
- Police-Written Report
- Accept Resignation of Shelly Nelson as Police Clerk/Records Specialist
- Parks and Recreation-Written Report and 2017 Pool Inspection Report
- Public Works
- City Hall/Finance/City Administrator
MAYOR AND COUNCIL REPORTS
CITY ATTORNEY REPORT
UPCOMING MEETINGS AND EVENTS
- CurbIt! Information Letter on Recycling Rate Increase
GOOD & WELFARE
CLOSED SESSION in accordance with Code of Iowa Section 21.5 (i.) To evaluate the professional competency of an individual whose appointment, hiring, performance, or discharge is being considered when necessary to prevent needless and irreparable injury to that individual’s reputation and that individual requests a closed session.
CALL FOR ACTION
** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS AGENDA MAY CHANGE UP TO 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING **
“This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.”